Walla Walla County Department of Community Health has utilized this funding to enhance a county wide infrastructure for behavioral health programs and services, emphasizing expansion or new development, benefiting citizens who are impacted by mental health and/or substance use disorders. The goal is to promote resilience and recovery from mental health and/or substance use disorders, and to reduce the need to utilize costly and less effective interventions of emergency and hospital services and the criminal justice system.
Walla Walla County Department of Community Health, with direct expertise in mental disorders, substance use disorders, treatment services, and evaluation plans, are responsible for development, implementation, oversight, evaluation and allocation of 0.1% Treatment Sales Tax funded programs and services.
Please see attached Link.
- Access to Affordable Care
- Behavioral Health
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Developmental Disabilities (Walla Walla and Columbia Counties)
- Housing and Homelessness
- Maternal and Child Health
- Outreach and Communication
- Advise and make recommendations on community priorities and provide a framework in decision-making to the Walla Walla and Columbia Boards of County Commissioners through the Director of Community Health
- Act as a community voice and catalyst for change in the counties served
- Identify gaps in service
- Represent the community
The CHAB is a multi-sector board with representations from all stakeholders addressing social determinants of health (housing, education, social services), healthcare, business, legal, communication, and others.
There are three standing CHAB committees that meet monthly: developmental disabilities, housing, and behavioral health. For a full list of committees and members: insert link to CHAB Committee Membership.
If you are interested in becoming a member of CHAB, or serving on a committee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Members
- Doug Logan, Chair – Community Representative
- Dewann Bach – Behavioral Health
- Gary Hurwitz – Medical Provider
- Norm Osterman – Community Representative
- Craig Richards – Business
- Norman Thiel – Social Services
- Darya Tucker – Community Representative
- Nathan Viavant – Legal
- Craig Volwiler – Community Representative
- Alisha Walker – Developmental Disabilities (Walla Walla County)
- Jeanne Walter – Developmental Disabilities (Columbia County)
CHAB Meetings are the SECOND Tuesday of the month at 4:30pm virtually at this time.
Access meeting materials here.
For information about CHAB Committees and meeting times, click here.
Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee
In accordance with RCW 1A.14.020 County Developmental Disability Boards
(1) The county governing authority of any county may appoint a developmental disability board to plan services for persons with developmental disabilities, to provide directly or indirectly a continuum of care and services to persons with developmental disabilities within the county or counties served by the community board. The governing authorities of more than one county by joint action may appoint a single developmental disability board. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a county or counties from combining the developmental disability board with another county board, such as a mental health board.
(2) Members appointed to the board shall include but not be limited to representatives of public, private, or voluntary agencies, representatives of local governmental units, and citizens knowledgeable about developmental disabilities or interested in services to persons with developmental disabilities in the community.
(3) The board shall consist of not less than nine nor more than fifteen members.
(4) Members shall be appointed for terms of three years and until their successors are appointed and qualified.
(5) The members of the developmental disability board shall not be compensated for the performance of their duties as members of the board, but may be paid subsistence rates and mileage in the amounts prescribed by RCW 42.24.090.
The purpose of the Walla Walla County and Columbia County Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committees is to identify barriers to and/or gaps in services and work to improve the lives of people with developmental disabilities in our communities.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committee please email: email@example.comMembers
Walla Walla Developmental Disabilities Sub-Committee Members:
- Alisha Walker, Chair
- Nancy Riggle
- Cyndy Knight
- Amanda Hinrichs
- Kate Propst
- Sherrill Clark
- Libby McCaw
- Shamra Baez
- Cindy Wolski
- Jeanne Walter, Chair
- Alicia Walker
- Martina Paris-Fully
- Malinda Lambert
- Heather Linn
- Tyler Cooper
- Estasia Collins
- Cyndy Knight
- Cindy Wolski
Walla Walla DD Sub-Committee Meetings are the FIRST FRIDAY at 3:00 pm at the Valley Residential Services, 240 Bush Street, Walla Walla, WA.
Columbia County DD Sub-Committee Meetings are the FOURTH THURSDAY at 2:00 pm at the Delany Building, Public Library, 111 S. 3rd Street, Dayton, WA.
Return to top
|11/14/19 November 2019 Meeting||Agenda|
|10/10/19 October 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|08/08/19 August 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|07/11/19 July 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|06/13/19 June 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|05/09/19 May 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|04/11/19 April 2019 Meeting||Agenda|
|03/14/19 March 2019 Meeting||Agenda Packet|
|02/14/19 February 2019 Meeting||Agenda Packet|
|01/14/19 January 2019 Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|03/01/19 March 2019 Meeting||Minutes|