Washington State’s Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues and Employment (GCDE) promotes equality, opportunity, independence and full participation in life for people with disabilities. Its members represent a wide range of constituent groups, geographical perspectives, ethnic origins and cultural heritage.
The Accessible Community Advisory Committees (ACAC) Act was promoted by the Legislature to help communities be more welcoming and inclusive for persons with disabilities and to promote and provide equal access to the opportunities available to others. Their participation enriches communities, enhances the strength of the diversity of a community and contributes toward the economic vitality of a community.
Read about the ACAC's first steps from the May County Connections Newsletter
Walla Walla County envisions the Accessible Communities Advisory Committee be actively involved in:
- Advising policy makers on the needs of persons with disabilities in emergency plans.
- Advising the county and other local governments within the county on access to programs, services, and activities, new construction or renovation projects, sidewalks and other pedestrian routes of travel, and disability parking enforcement.
- Developing local initiatives and activities to promote greater awareness of disability issues, and acceptance, involvement and access for persons with disabilities within the community.
ACAC members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
- Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues and Employment (GCDE)
- Accessible Community Advisory Committees Websites
There will be an ACAC Zoom meeting on Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. If anyone is interested in attending please email: email@example.com and you will be sent the link to join the meeting.
ACAC meetings are held monthly from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. using Zoom unless noted otherwise. View the 2021 schedule for meeting dates.
|06/10/21 ACAC Meeting||Agenda|
|05/20/21 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|02/18/21 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|02/19/20 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|11/20/19 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|08/21/19 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|05/29/19 ACAC Meeting||Agenda Minutes|
|04/10/19 ACAC Kick-off Meeting||Minutes|