You can find a listing of assistance, social services, health care, and other services in the "Where Do I Go For Help?" brochure for people living in Walla Walla, Columbia, and Umatilla Counties. There is also a Spanish version available.
For additional information about resources specific to our community, please visit One Walla Walla List (OWWL)
It’s getting easier. Do it all online:
- Visit here for online birth control and/or the morning-after pill right to your door in discrete packaging. They even accept insurance. Want more choices? Click here for a list of online agencies offering birth control discretely to your doorstep. Many take insurance.
- Notify a partner that you have an STD and they need to get checked too. Never going to talk to them again? No worries. Let this website handle it for you. Be kind without all the stress.
- Looking especially for HIV testing, prevention, pre- and post-exposure medicine, and treatment? Visit End AIDS Washington, our very own state organization to hook folks up with the HIV resources they need.
- Hepatitis C “cure” is for real. Read more about Washington’s novel approach to eliminate Hepatitis C in Washington State by 2030, or ask your doctor today about getting on the 8-24 week antiviral combo treatment and become Hepatitis C free (even if you were diagnosed years ago!) Blue Mountain Heart to Heart and Ideal Option are both planning to offer Hep C treatment for everyone. Stay tuned for more details. Both of these organizations also currently offer Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT- suboxone) programs. If you’re tired of your opiate addiction and want help getting your life back, we encourage you to visit Blue Mountain Heart 2 Heart at their 1520 Kelly Place location, or Ideal Option at 401 W Main St #405.
- Pregnant? Not sure? Need help? Resources including free pregnancy testing, maternity clothes, baby clothes, and other maternal, baby, and pregnancy related items, from baby blankets to prenatal care and other referrals. Visit Birthright to access this and much more, or stop by their house Mon-Thurs from 12-4p at 609 W Birch St, across from the Ice Berg.
If it is an emergency, go to your nearest ER/ED (Providence St Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla County)
Have insurance? Check here first:
- Your regular doctor. They can do more than you might think. If they are not able to see you right away, try these clinics for faster service:
- Planned Parenthood: Call 509-207-3017 to schedule an appointment. Currently open Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 8:45a-6p. Not just for the ladies anymore. Location on W Birch St near the hospital.
- Providence Express Care: 888-227-3312 (Open 7a-7p 7 days/week). Call to reserve your time slot during the day so you don’t have to wait. Located in Meadowbrook Plaza across from Walmart.
- Providence Urgent Care: 509-897-3000 (Open 8a-8p 7 days/week). Location on 2nd Ave in old Walla Walla General Hospital ER. Walk-in, first come first served.
- Walla Walla Clinic Walk-in Clinic: 509-525-3720. Location at 55 W Tietan St. Open Mon-Fri 8a-8p. Walk-in, first come first served.
- Have insurance, need a regular doctor? Call one of these clinics:
- Yakima Valley Farmworkers Clinic (Family Medical Center) 1120 W Rose St, 509-525-6650
- Walla Walla Clinic, 55 W Tietan St, 509-525-3720
- Providence Family Physicians, 1017 S 2nd Ave, 509-897-3700 or Providence Internal Medicine, 380 Chase Ave, 509-897-3600
- SOS Medical Services/SonBridge Clinic is a walk-in, first come first served clinic open Monday evenings from 5p-7p , Wednesday afternoons from 3p-5p, and Friday afternoons 1:30p-4p. They also offer much more than just a free clinic. Visit their website
- The Health Department offers gonorrhea and chlamydia testing, HIV test, HCV (Hepatitis C) rapid test, and syphilis test. We want to make sure everyone can access testing and treatment for these communicable diseases if they need to. Call 509-524-2661 or visit us at 314 W Main St, Walla Walla.
- Need to sign up?
- Follow the instructions under “Apple Health Insurance Assistance.” To sign up for health insurance, start with the website listed (www.wahealthplanfinder.org) or call the number (855-923-4633) if phone is preferred. Apple Health is Washington State’s name for its state Medicaid insurance, and wahealthplanfinder.org is the state-run insurance portal for folks to access and sign up for medical insurance available to them in Washington.
- Call Family Medical Center at 509-525-6650 to schedule an appointment with an insurance navigator, who can sign you up for Medicaid and a primary care physician at the same time.
- If you have been admitted to the hospital, Providence St. Mary has their own in-house navigator to assist you with insurance 509-525-3320
- If you are having trouble and need help finding insurance, call us at 509-524-2650 and our nurse can assist you.
- Don’t qualify for Medicaid and still need insurance?
- Call an insurance broker for assistance
Blue Mountain Heart 2 Heart offers free HIV and Hepatitis C testing, as well as Walla Walla County’s only Syringe Service Program. They are open 8:30a-5p, Mon-Thursday, closed for lunch 12-1. Location at 1520 Kelly Place Suite 120, across from the dog park near Fort Walla Walla and the Hampton Inn. Learn more: http://www.bluemountainheart.org/ . Blue Mountain Action Council (BMAC) is in the same building, and they offer excellent resources for our community as well. Stop by their office to ask about what services you can access while you are there, and read more about them here: https://bmacww.org/
BMH2H and Ideal Option offer Medication Assisted Therapy programs (suboxone) for anyone and everyone. If you’re tired of your opiate addiction and want help getting your life back, we encourage you to visit Blue Mountain Heart 2 Heart at their 1520 Kelly Place location, or Ideal Option at 401 W Main St #405.
- Visit: http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org, Washington State’s website for health insurance. Sign yourself and your family up for health insurance today!
An “insurance navigator” can assist you if the process becomes complicated.
Health InsuranceApple Health Insurance Assistance
- Apply online today at www.wahealthplanfinder.org
- Apply over the phone 855-923-4633
- If you have had Apple Health and need assistance reapplying or making a change contact Leslie at 360-819-0460
Family Medical Center
If you are looking to establish care at Family Medical Center, they have navigators ready to assist you:
Providence St. Mary Medical Center
If you are receiving care at Providence, they have navigators to assist you:
Insurance brokers who can assist in applying for the first time:
Walla Walla, WA 99362