The Department of Community Health (DCH) is responsible for overseeing the continuum of care for housing in Walla Walla County. This includes the administration of several state and federal grants as well as local document recording fees.
DCH is the primary fiscal agent for the document recording fees, along with various other state and federal contracts and responsibilities.
Walla Walla County’s rent assistance program is currently operational per Proclamation 21-09. Please call Blue Mountain Action Council at 509-529-4980 to learn more and to get assistance.Requirements for management of these funds as required by Commerce include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining the Homeless and Housing Plan
- Homeless and Housing governing body for Walla Walla County
- Administration of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and coordination from sub-contractors
- Reporting requirements to Commerce including but not limited to:
- Reporting on entire Homeless Crisis Response system
- Annual Housing Expenditure report
- Annual Landlord sampling report
- Annual Point in Time
- Monthly monitoring/ progress and tracking reports
- System oversight for the Coordinated Entry system for Walla Walla County
Council on Housing