The Mission of the Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) Program is to connect babies and children to a permanent dental home. The child can be seen every six months which helps in the early detection of dental caries or other concerns.
Urgent Dental Care During Covid-19 Atención dental urgente durante Covid-19
Early Start by First Tooth or First Birthday
ABCD focuses on preventive and restorative dental care for Apple Health (Medicaid-eligible) children from birth up to age six, with an emphasis to access dental care by age one.
ABCD connects families with dentists who know how to care for babies and young children and educates caregivers about how to take the best care of their teeth.
ABCD ensures that our youngest and most vulnerable children have access to dental care that promotes good lifelong oral health habits and helps them avoid cavities, tooth pain and high-cost dental interventions later in life.
- Birth up to the 6th birthday
- Enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid Insurance)
- Lives in Washington State
- Dental Exams every 6 months
- Family Oral Health Education
- Fluoride Varnish
- Restorative care as needed
- No cost to families
How ABCD can help
- Help with finding an ABCD certified dentist
- Arrange transportation to and from the dental office
- Assist in scheduling dental appointment
- Work with the dental office to assure you have interpreter services
Jessalyn Waring Bruce, the ABCD Coordinator for Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield and Whitman Counties leads the Oral Health Coalitions with dentists & hygienists, community partners in outreach & referral and early learning partners to improve oral health care and greater access to dental care in these communities.
Walla Walla County:
Contact Jessalyn at 509-524-2625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday 8-12 & 1-5
ABCD Dental Providers
Find a Dental Provider