Veterans' Services


Starting January 1, 2020, the Department of Community Health will be providing services to qualifying veterans directly. HELPLINE will no longer be providing services to Veterans using these County funds.
We will be contracting with Wendy Cheng to provide direct assistance to veterans and she will begin work on January 3rd, 2020.
Location: 314 W. Main entrance off of Rose (Health Department entrance)
Hours: Monday and Tuesday: 8am to noon; Friday: 8am to 5pm (12-1pm closed)
For questions or more information, please call 509-524-2650.


In accordance with RCW 73.08.010 the county is required to establish a Veterans’ Assistance Program to address the needs of local indigent veterans and their families.
Here in Walla Walla County, this fund and programs are overseen by the Department of Community Health. Annually the fund brings in about $85,000 to $94,000. The revenue into this fund comes from local property taxes, you see this on your tax statement as SSF (Soldiers and Sailors). For more information on how the fund is overseen, go to our Veterans’ Relief Advisory Board page.
Navigate to