To purchase a birth or death certificate, you must:
- Meet the new requirements. Select one of the following for more information:
- Verify the eligibility documentation requirements
- Verify the proof of identity requirement
- Download and complete one of the following applications:
Beginning in 2021 a new Informational copy is available. Non-certified information copies of birth and death records are issued on plain white paper and cannot be used for legal purposes. It contains a watermark stating, “Cannot be used for legal purposes. Informational only”. These are typically used for genealogy and family history purposes.
To request an informational copy of a birth or death record:
- Download and complete one of the applications below:
Submit completed application along with payment and proof of identity and relationship if required.
Applications can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Appointment: call (509)524-2650 to schedule an appointment
- Mail: Walla Walla County Department of Community Health
PO Box 1753
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Fees: Birth certificates, death certificates, and informational copies are $25 each. Additional service fees may be added depending on the options you select. See the application for more details.
Important Note: No refunds will be given if a record could not be located or the documentation you provided did not prove you were eligible to receive a birth or death certificate.